Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Camping in Drumheller - The Brown Edition (July 17-20)

This past weekend, we had the pleasure of sharing our campsite in Drumheller with our good friends Carrie & Earle Brown and their two boys, Ben and Collin. The Brown's are southern folk who are here in Calgary for a one-year term (unfortunately!) and we were very glad they could join us to experience camping in Alberta. According to Carrie, she & Earle have only camped once and that was before Ben and Collin came on the scene.

They set up their tent in the spacious spot right behind our trailer and then we made our way to the pool for a cool down on a very hot, summer Drumheller day. Carrie and I sat poolside while the dad's splashed around in the pool with the boys.

Over the course of their one night-two day stay, we took Carrie, Earle, Ben & Collin down to the little beach at the campground to skim some stones, we crossed the suspension bridge and did our usual climb to the top of the hills (Carrie was a little nervous about the edge, but she'll be the first to admit that) and we promised KJ&C that we would take them to the aquaplex for the waterslides, so the Browns got to enjoy that too.

The weather was fantastic all weekend. Hot, but not overly sunny so we were able to sit outside without complaining about being too hot. :) We had such a great time with our friends and I know Ben, Collin, Keegan, Josh & Connolly had a blast too. We look forward to Edition #2 of camping with the Browns, hopefully before the 2009 camping season is over.

Here's a teaser of some of the pics and as usual, click this link to see all the pics we took. Drumheller July 17-20 - The Brown Edition







2 comments:

Jen Mooney said...

I have told you this before but seeing pictures of triplet boys playing and doing their thing and being past the sleepless nights and feeding them and them being so dependant seriously gives me that light at the end of the tunnel. It makes me think that some day I may not be this tired. It's amazing to think of that possibility!! And that we will actually be able to go on a real holiday and it might not be MORE work than being at home :) I love picturing Justin in the pool with the boys and me not needing to be there! Yahoo! I picture myself reading a book by the pool. AAAHHHH. It will come! You are proof! I'm thankful for you guys, out there, paving the way :)

The Gamble Triplets said...

Thanks Jen. That means a lot. I've been where you are, so I know exactly what you're feeling. And it won't be as long as you think before you are where we are now.