Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Simons Valley Jets

It's been a while since I posted a hockey blog. In fact, I haven't written a hockey blog since Keegan, Josh & Connolly's pre-skates in September. And I call myself a hockey mom ;)

We've just begun the third month of KJ&C's Senior Timbits season. We've seen a lot of improvement in all of their skills since September and they're enjoying the drills each practice. The practice are quite fast-paced and hard-work for the players, but it's good preparation for the Novice level next year when it becomes a little more competitive.

The team is called the Simons Valley Jets. Yes, like THOSE Jets. It does help to have the team jerseys be the same colours as the old Winnipeg Jets colours and to have 3 players who get to vote for the team name and whose parents are long-time Winnipeg Jets fans LOL. Just this week, the team was given the opportunity to practice with a coach from Hockey Canada. It was a pretty big thrill for the kids.

No comments: